Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

limewire
Helper I
Helper I

Use appended data slicers with merged data

I'm having issues with this and I've looked around but I can't quite solve it on my own. 

Current Situation:

I have two tables with data, L+7 data and L+SD data.

The tables are formatted identically and both contain data on 2 different channels. What I've done is append L+7 with L+SD so that I was able to use visual slicers that would filter for L+7 vs. L+SD and channel 1 vs. channel 2.

I then made another table that merged L+7 and L+SD so that I could have a calucated column for DVR lift, or rather the number of impressions from L+7 - L+SD. Using that column I created two more calucated columns in the report that deal with the % total and the % lift.

I now have a merged table and an appended table, both with L+7 data and L+SD data. How can I use my appended table slicers with my merged data visualization card? 

Should I have tackled this differently from the start?

Thanks in advance! Hoping someone can help. 

3 REPLIES 3
limewire
Helper I
Helper I

@parry2k if this is impossible you would know! Any thoughts ? 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@limewire 

You may create relationships and then take advantage of USERELATIONSHIP in DAX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft 

Thank you for your suggestion!

I've tried to make relationships between the tables work but no such relationship can be created since I have a demo sort table.

This demo sort table is to help organzie my demos so they appear in the order I want. Relationship IssueRelationship IssueAll relationshipsAll relationships

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.