Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fhadadd81
Regular Visitor

Use Slicer Values to filter Card visual values (unrelated tables)

I have power BI report with one Date slicer for all visual to show values based on year and Month, and all visuals are working fine because the relationships with all tables with Date slicer tables are set successfully ,except one card visual because date value is not the same values of date slicer table (slicer date is for  claim creation and other for employee file creation).

I would to count employees column based on date of card table but the same date slicer filter. In other word how to pass the date slicer value to card visual filter but the calculation from card visual .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This video fix thr issue by using Treatas command

https://youtu.be/uXc_od1gZJg?si=ooU8Eye2xAs_vIQ4

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fhadadd81
Regular Visitor

I found out many way to use outside filter to count cloumn as below DAX but it works if i select one value from outside filter , my question how to edit DAX forumla if many values were selected

Measure 4 = COUNTX(FILTER('insured_person',' insured_person'[year]=ALLSELECTED('claim'[Custom])), 'insured_person'[employee_id])

This video fix thr issue by using Treatas command

https://youtu.be/uXc_od1gZJg?si=ooU8Eye2xAs_vIQ4

Fhadadd81
Regular Visitor

@amitchandak  Thank you for your reply . but the cloumn between two table is not same and i need to use slicer.

The below is the slicer from claim table that contains year of claim .

Fhadadd81_0-1680253374503.png

Here  below number of employee Card

Fhadadd81_1-1680253374511.png

Employee table

ID Name year

1    x         2022

2    y         2023

3    Z        2022

The two tables is not related and no direct connection but I need when I choose 2023 as example view the number of employees in 2023 after do the count based on employees table . is this is possible .

Since I need to have one date filter for all dashboard/report.  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Fhadadd81 , You can not pass value from the card, you can try Multi row card.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.