Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage of USERELATIONSHIP function

We use a report that makes a reference (via active table relationship) to a specific table. It is necessary to deactivate this relationship to properly calculate a value in a visual.  However, when I deactivate this relationship it causes MANY (near 100) other items to break.  I am able to apply formula fixes to these "broken" visuals by using the USERELATIONSHIP function. 

My question is "In place of changing formulas in many places, Is there an ANTI version (or usage) of USERELATIONSHIP that I only apply in one location to apply a fix to a single visual). Can I maintain the inplace table relationship and have the visual ignore it?

I've tried to create a table that includes the matching date values that are related and that does mitigate my issue.

Additionally, this project has patient health information and I wouldn't be able to share a version of the file.

3 REPLIES 3
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Can you explain how deactivating the relationship makes the visual work properly, i.e., what changes in the filtering?

I'd guess you could write measures for the visual that behave similarly to severing the relationship.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replay, how do you write a measure that "severs"a relationship?

It's hard to say without knowing the context. Can you give an example of a measure you are using in a visual and how it behaves differently with and without the relationship?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.