I have a Power BI report that connects to variouys data sources (files, API) and brings them together. I made some changes yesterday, And I started getting dataformat.error's during refresh. The error is not associated with one row. Instead the whole step fails. After some backward steps to identify the issue , now I am at a stage where I am getting the error
DataFormat.Error: We couldn't convert to Number.
at the sorting step where I was hoping to find some problematic data...
The immediate step before refreshes fine. It s the step where I converted the values to text in order to debug if something was wrong with the data I have,,,
Well it turned out to be one of the export files had missing columns, so some columns had mismatching type of data which was failing a group by step. I am not sure that expains Power BI behaviour though...
I will now start to remove data sources one by one and see what happens. I was expecting a magic solution like "OK the cached data must have been corrupt.. Click ctrl-alt-shift refresh and see if that solves it..."