Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

tomperro
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to view Azure Active Directory Member Data within a Dynamic Security Group Using MS-Graph

I am able to see members of a dynamic security group using the Graph Explorer online using https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups/<groupID>/members/microsoft.graph.user 

The response shows user id, name, email, etc. 

But I can not get this to show in BI. 

I was able to make a connection using oData Feed and got the following results loaded into BI.  

tomperro_1-1681332449101.png

When I use the url  https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users, I receive the following error 

tomperro_2-1681332621789.png

This makes me think that I can not see the group member data because I do not have access to the users. 

Is there a way that I can see group members information in BI? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomperro,

Normally this issue appears when you are try to access with wrong url path or not have enough permission/conflict with multiple permission settings.
I'd like to suggest you swtitch to static user accounts with correspond permission to confirm if the dynamic security group roles can be correctly mapping and recognized in power bi data connectors.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomperro,

What type of credentials are you used to get data? Can you please share some more detail information about this issue? They should help us clarify your scenario and test to troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft  I am using my credentials, Azure login.  I am able to view user information using graph but not in BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.