Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrtkk

Unable to use one Date hierarchy column in 2 tables

Hello,

I'm working on a housing market project that has 2 tables; one main table, and another one that I have created when I used the SUMMARIZE DAX formula. I'm unable to create one visualization chart showing data from both charts as it will not use the same Date hierarchy column, 'Property'[DateKey].

Table 1 is called 'Property' is the main table and the Date hierarchy column is 'Property'[DateKey].[Date]
and
Table 2 is called 'Table_AptPricePerUnit_PerPricePerSqFt, I created it when using the SUMMARIZE DAX formula and the Date hierarchy column is 'Table_AptPricePerUnit_PerPricePerSqFt'[DateKey]

When I use the 'Property' Date hierarchy column in the 'Table_AptPricePerUnit_PerPricePerSqFt' table, the dates are invalid.

I've set up a relationship between the 2 tables.

Also, I can use other columns e.g., Township name in one visualization chart. However, since I can't use one Date hierarchy column, I can't set up one visualization chart successfully.

Attached is a GIF that shows:

- One Line and Stacked Column chart that uses the 'Property' Date hierarchy column.
- A 2nd one Line and Stacked Column chart that uses the 'Table_AptPricePerUnit_PerPricePerSqFt' Date hierarchy column.
- When I change the '.YOY_AVG_AptUnitPrice%' measure to use the 'Property' Date hierarchy column, data in the 2nd Line and Stacked Column chart is incorrect.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony K.2021_03.17.2021_08.45.557.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mrtkk

Hi @v-easonf-msft , thanks for replying to my post.

I've just been able to get it to work.  As a workaround, I used a Date table and had both tables use it when creating the measures & visualizations.

Thanks again,

Tony K.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mrtkk

Hi @v-easonf-msft , thanks for replying to my post.

I've just been able to get it to work.  As a workaround, I used a Date table and had both tables use it when creating the measures & visualizations.

Thanks again,

Tony K.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mrtkk 

The GIf  you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain it in more details with an example. The simplified data and expected output would help tremendously.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.