Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to tick "apply security filter in both directions"

Hello,

I just started working on RLS, when I have encountered this issue below. I am not able to tick the "apply security filter in both directions" check-box in relationship editorial. I don’t have it enabled anywhere else, so I got very suspicious. Can it be somehow related to DAX studio or Table Editor that I have been messing around? Can I perhaps first disable and then enable this feature to work for this specific Power BI-file? Is there another way to apply security filter in both directions?

I can post more details, if needed. Thank you in advance & Merry Christmas!

Issue with Security Filter.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  thank you for quick response. It helped a lot. On the other hand, I heard that it is possible to rewrite the security bi-directional filter as "Table filter DAX " expression.

I came up with this expression, in case somebody else was thinking the same. In my case:

[sys_idKey] IN SELECTCOLUMNS(
FILTER(
'Group Members',
[Email]=USERPRINCIPALNAME()
),
"cmdb_ci.sys_idKey"
,[cmdb_ci.sys_idKey]
)

With some help from Reza: https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-profiles-and-users-in-power-bi

BR,
Anton

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , These is an issue reported on Dec-2020 release. Please check update and vote

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Apply-security-fillter-in-both-direction-not-usable-after/idi-p/1554852

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.