Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ah4200

Unable to start Power BI Desktop: We weren't able to connect to the model.

On a Windows 10 machine and I was using Power BI with no issues for several weeks before getting the error on start up. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, installing older versions, x86 version, and just installed the latest release that came out on 6/5/2018, all without any sucess.

Looking at the other threads with this same issue they all seem older and were solved by methods that it seems that I have already tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ah4200,

Please try below tips to troubleshoot this problem first:

Besides, please check whether just Power BI desktop failed to launch, how about any other application on your computer? And did you make any change to your system operation or installed any application which might imapct Power BI desktop? you could also have a look at gsalas's suggestion here.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This still does not work .. I installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop in Windows 8 ..

Tried all the troubleshooting steps that has been suggested in the below post -

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-Start-Power-BI-Desktop-We-weren-t-able-to-connect...

Kindly help me.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.