Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karkumar
Regular Visitor

Unable to retrieve data from external tool to PowerBI

Hi Team,

I'm trying to retrieve data from an external tool (Airtable) to PowerBI using (personal access token) M query as per this documentation  (https://support.airtable.com/docs/visualizing-airtable-records-in-microsoft-power-bi-power-query). When I try to retrieve data, here is the error:

(Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value null to type Record.
Details:
Value=
Type=[Type])

When my colleague tried to follow the same steps, its working fine. Can anyone help? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
CM_Learner
Regular Visitor

Hi, has a solution been found to this problem? I have tried using the same walkthrough and get the same error. I have seen different fixes online for this, but most of them use API Keys which are being phased out. Would really appreciate a solution if anyone has one.

I have had the same issue. But I think I solved the problem through File>Options and Settings>Datasource Settings> Click on "editing the credentials">For credentials: type=anonymous, and Privacy Level: Organizational.  Click "OK". 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.