Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to publish dataset to Service.

Hi Everyone. 

I have a dataset with backend source as Snowflake. I have prepared a dataset in import model. It was fine at desktop but when I am trying to publish to service, it is throwing me following error: 

" Unable to write data to the transport connection. An existing connection was closed by the remote host". 

I tried moving this to a PPU test workspace which we have been using from long time. 

I am not able to publish only to this workspace. I am able to publish to any other workspace except this one. Can some one help me out on this ??

3 REPLIES 3
mahenkj2
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Rajeshkumaryarl ,

I have faced a similar problem and the report I was publishing frequently after some changes, suddenly started throwing error while publishing. Few things I did:

1. Checked the internet connection and restarted it, we have login screen for that.

2. Closed the .pbix file and restarted and sign in again in the file after sign out

3. Relogin the gateway.

After that problem resolved. Please check.

Hope it helps!

Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @Rajeshkumaryarl,

Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Check your network connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and not experiencing any disruptions. If possible, try publishing from a different network or location to see if the issue persists.

2. Verify Snowflake connectivity: Double-check the connectivity between Power BI and Snowflake. Make sure the Snowflake server is accessible and there are no firewall or network restrictions preventing the connection.

3. Test with a smaller dataset: If your dataset is large, try creating a smaller test dataset to publish to the problematic workspace. This can help determine if the issue is related to the dataset size.

4. Verify workspace permissions: Ensure that you have appropriate permissions and access rights in the workspace where you're trying to publish. Make sure you have the necessary permissions to publish datasets.

Let me know if you might require any further assistance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

Hi. Your suggestions did not help. The problem is I am not able to publish the dataset to one testing workspace but I am able to publish in other worksapces. I have tried your suggestions but it did not help. I do not have the flexibility of reducing the dataset size.  Thanks for your suggestions, any how. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.