Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VHegde
Regular Visitor

Unable to login into PowerBI Desktop using SC ALT account

Step1: I logged in with normal account (and failures, I tried with SC-ALT account)

Step#2: Paste the exported M Language script into the Advanced Editor. I was asked to connect with credentials. As the data should be pulled from Azure Resource which can be accessed only through SC-ALT account, I used the SC-ALT account 

Step#3: Even though I was expecting it to connect to SC-ALT account, I still see my normal account 

Step#4: I selected first option ‘Sign with PIN or smartcard’. When I was presented with option to select certificate, I used ‘More choices’ and then selected my SC account from the available list. I gave the PIN for SC account, but it resulted in Error.

--------------------

We couldn't sign you in to your account().

Try one of these options:

• Not registered for phone authentication? Go to aka.ms/ringring
  • Close this window and retry using smartcard

If it still doesn't work, contact Global Helpdesk.

Error details

• Activity ID: b391181b-1d89-4588-acba-ae720771e01a
  • Relying party: Microsoft Federation Gateway
  • Error time: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 19:10:27 GMT
  • Cookie: enabled
  • User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@VHegde ,

Please check steps below:

1. Check if the pin code is correct. 

2. Check if smart card has been activated.

3. Check if the certificate is expired in your PC.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Complete radio silence, without any resolution on this issue. What is happening? I am stranded on this from so many days.....

Any update on this? As already mentioned/replied to you that the issue is not resolved, as the steps you have mentioned were already performed. Need better solution.

Except in PowerBI Desktop, my already activated SC ALT working for the same PIN & certificate is not expired

any update on this issue?

As already mentioned/replied to you that the issue is not resolved, as the steps you have mentioned were already performed. Need better solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.