Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

44GP
Frequent Visitor

Unable to load data into model - Stuck on Loading Data into Model

Hi, 

one of our users has tried to load data from multiple data sources into the Desktop app but they all get stuck on 'Loading Data into Model", detals below.....

1. We are on the December version, can't upgrade as we are in a change freeze

2. We have tried a unintaill/install

3. we have tried loading local excel files, sharepoint files and dataflows.  All get stuck.

4. We have removed all the dataload settings as suggested in other posts, but still get the same problem.

Any ideas PBI Community?

Thanks in advance.  

Gary

10 REPLIES 10
coskuersanli
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi Gary,

Is it possible to disable all tables and load them one by one?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.  It gets stuck on one small local excel file.  To try and resolve the issues we have tried a number of different sources with a single small table and no transformations, they all get stuck.

Gary

I had the same problem a while ago. Once you manage to load any table the problem will be solved. Can you disable every table in power query and load a small table. After that you should be able to load the others. 

At least it had worked for me 🙂

Hi Coskuersanli.
I am the user having issues.
Fresh PIBX file.
Loading Excel Sheet from Desktop.

MRB219_0-1647556400122.png

Still nothing, stuck on "Loading data into model"

MRB219_1-1647556452087.png

Hi @MRB219 

Can you clear cache and try again, please?

coskuersanli_0-1647586780736.png

Cleared Cache in all three sections and still unable to load to Model.
Have also cleared out all permissions under Data Source Settings 

Also played around with which drives I was trying to import from as the desktop is my H: Drive, so created a one line spreadhsheet on my C: drive but that also did not allow me to load data to model.

Even a blank table created directly into Power Bi itself with a single line single cell, will not load.

I think I may be experiencing a similar issue - did you manage to resolve?

Hi Michelle, did you also have to get a fresh profile build? Or did you manage another way to get it sorted?

Hi @Emily123 - it's been a while now, but I think at the time I ended up rolling back to a previous version of PowerBI Desktop and managed to continue my work for some time. I'm up to date with my PBI versions now, and haven't experienced the same issues from those frustrating 2 weeks. Sorry, not the answer you were looking for

Yes Michelle, issue now resolved, unfortunately you wont like the answer as to resolve the issue we I needed a new laptop with a fresh profile build.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.