Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FAA9
Frequent Visitor

Unable to get subtotals

Hi,
I am using DAX in excel report and I am unable to get subtotals in the yellow highlights cells in the screenshot below. The report shows no values for the subtotals. 
I tried using summarize and sumx but they didnt work either.

Since I cannot attach excel file here, I ll explain the dataset.
I have datatable for forecast and for stock on hand and a separate date table. These are being used to calculate the stock coverage in weeks. 
This cover is being weighted for each week and category for Route A & Route B, by multiplying the weekly forecast weighted for the full month.
I also must add that the weeks of cover dax doesnt include the date from the date table. Could that be the reason its not summing up the weeks cover at month level?

FAA9_0-1667758713234.png

3 REPLIES 3
JulienZH
Helper I
Helper I

Try something like SUMX(VALUES([Year-Month]), [Stock cover in wks])

FAA9
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Tried this, didnt work. Still see blanks

Also tried this, didnt work:
f( HASONEVALUE(tblDate[Year-Month]), [Wtd Stock Cover in wks],
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Main_table, tblDate[Year-Month],Product[Route], Product[Mkt], Product[Category], "cover",[Wtd Stock Cover in wks]), [Wtd Stock Cover in wks) )

mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @FAA9 ,

I think that you have to use the Matrix visual, instead of the Table visual.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.