Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mariodx
Frequent Visitor

Unable to filter more than one table column in PBI report new August 2022 release

I've been unable to filter more than one column of a table in PBI Dekstop since the new August 2022 version of PBI dekstop was released. The problem is when I filter one column and scroll left or right to filter another, when I click on the second column I am returned to the column I filtered initially. Whenever all columns I want to filter are visible at once on my screen I do not have this issue.

My colleagues are on different PBI Desktop versions. Those on the July version do not have any such problems.

Has anyone experienced this on the August PBI Desktop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danielwelch
Resolver II
Resolver II

This has been patched now in the most recent update and I am no longer experiencing this issue.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Halkiparis01
Frequent Visitor

I have updated today and my case has solved too. 

danielwelch
Resolver II
Resolver II

This has been patched now in the most recent update and I am no longer experiencing this issue.

Jase68
Helper I
Helper I

Yes, me and all my work collegues on Aug 22 version have this same problem. 

Not an issue for those on earlier versions.

Is there a ticket raised?

Hi @Jase68 ,

I have raised one this morning. Will post a response when I get one.

I have just had a call with support and managed to replicate the issue.  They have a video and the log files from the session so presumably they are investigating now.

No, I haven't submitted a ticket

danielwelch
Resolver II
Resolver II

I also have this issue.  Its not consitently recurring but it recurs often enough to be frustrating. You can get round it by closing the report and reopening or by sometimes selecting a different table and then going back in.

In addition I have noticed issues with the dax prompt not working in this update. 

Can you confirm if you have submitted a ticket for this?  If not I will submit one.

No, I haven't submitted a ticket

Halkiparis01
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue since this update. I also noted date filter is not available for date type data. It did not improve after reinstall and found the same issue in my other PC. 

> when I click on the second column I am returned to the column I filtered initially.

In my case I can click the 2nd column if I change the data type first by right clicking. It really seems to be a bug.

Nothing seemed to resolve it. I had to unsintall the app and install the July release. Now it works OK.

saravanan_p
Resolver III
Resolver III

I am using the latest version and  it works with filters on multiple columns. I suggest you to reinstall and check . If still exists, kindly raise a ticket.
If it works , kindly mark as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.