Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DatorGator

Unable to expand columns from SharePoint Online List

Hi,

I'm unable to expand columns in an Sharepoint Online List which relate to lookup fields in the original list.  When I click on the expand column icon in the column header I get "LOADING COLUMN NAMES" for an age and then "No columns were found". However, if a record in the unexpanded column is clicked on all the underlysing data is visible along with the column names.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Fabio-MLPro

I'm facing the same problem, when it is a Lookup Column for multiple values I have the same behavior.

Untitled.jpg

ttinsley
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same issue here.  It seems to happen more consistently when I work against a "People" column on SharePoint

Expand People.png

I don't have the m code for the step as I cannot create the step because it won't go forward.

The connection code is ....

Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://[our account].sharepoint.com/[my site]", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"1be...8c0" = Source{[Id="1be...8c0"]}[Items],

Anonymous
Not applicable

change ApiVersion = 15 to ApiVersion = 14

exclamation

I'm having the same issues with managed metadata columns. I see the column containing records, but when I try to expand it to get to the metadata values, I get "no columns were found".

When I select a record, I see a table with label, TermGuid, and WssId, but the label is a number not the actual text of the metadata field.

I am having the same issue here. Have you had any progress or suggested solutions @exclamation ?

JannikHalling
Regular Visitor

Is it possible for anyone who doesn't face this issue, to copy the M syntax code in the "Advanced Editor"? Maybe it can help to copy and tweak that code, so you don't have to manually select/deselect the column names.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@DatorGator

I can't reproduce your issue. When expanding the lookup column, it can load all columns properly (even it takes some time).

13.PNG

14.PNG

Since you can see all underlying data when clicking "Record", those columns should be loaded into this dataset already. It looks like a timeout issue within Query Editor. Please recreate your dataset and try again.

Regards,

I also have the same issue, I have PowerBi connected to a sharepoint online list and when trying to expand a column i get hung up on "loading column names"" 

I can click on the Record and drill down to see the underlying data. 

I have reporduced this on various sharepoint lists / column types. 

could it be some kind of authentication issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.