Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect web data source to Power BI

Hi,

I have been trying to connect the web data source to Desktop Power BI but it is not happening and erroring out. I logged in to the Power BI desktop from my organization account and even try using the same while connecting with the web URL. Getting the same error again and again.

Manoj60_0-1659053771691.png

Thanks

Manoj 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I cannot reproduce your issue. My test version 2.107.683.0 64-bit (July 2022). What is yours? 

This maybe a permission/authentication error. When you connect to the data source in an unauthorized account, the corresponding credential would be created. So you need to change credential,  go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings”, under “Global permissions”, choose to delete the old data source connections permission  and click on Edit permission in Power BI Desktop. Then try to connect to it again and check if it is successful.

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

SQL - "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided" 

•  need to provide Server credentials not windows. Use Other Tab.

If it still errors, please provide more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bi_kwoksanlee
Frequent Visitor

Hi Manoj,

I have faced the same issue.  Please try to install the latest version of Power BI Desktop.   After I installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop.   The issue is fixed.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.