Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gav10
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to connect to another PBI dataset from desktop

Hi

I'm trying to connect to another PBI dataset from the desktop but keep getting the following error;

"The specified Power BI workspace is not found.

Technical Details:
RootActivityId: 115ec39e-dfd0-4df8-9b55-e608d0be522a"

I have admin rights to the workspace i'm trying to connect too and able to connect to datasets in other PBI workspaces from the desktop but not this particular one which is the odd thing.

Has anyone come across this before or know what the issue might be?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Sergii24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gav10, did you identify wheteher the issue is realted to a dataset or workspace?

Try to connect to another dataset from the same workspace, if it works, move dataset with an issue to another workspace. Are you able to connect to it now? If this is worrkspace related issue, try to compare each single setting of two workspaces. If there is an issue with the same dataset in muktiple workspaces, I would suggest you to recreate it (simply copy-paste powerquery code and calcualted tables/columns to new pbix file).

I hope it helps!

Thanks for the suggestions but i actually tried all of that before reaching out for help.

I believe it's something to do with the workspace settings being different but i just can't figure out what

So is it workspace specific issue? Do you have 2 datasets in this workspace that you can't connect , but everything works perfectly fine if you move them to another workspace? Is this the case? 

Yeah i tested moving the dataset to a different workspace and could connect to it fine, so definitely a workspace issue. 

We've solved it by creating a new workspace and deleting the old one. I can connect to it now so all is good, but all very odd

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.