Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MHamann
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect to MySQL Server

Hello,

I fail to connect Power BI to a MySQL Server. I don't have problems with any other data connection so far, but MySQL just does not work.

I always get the message that I should install the MySQL Connector/NET 8.0.33. 

MHamann_0-1685951460220.pngMHamann_1-1685951478987.png

As you can see both Power BI and the MySQL Connector are installed, but the error message just does not change.

I have read other Threads that had the same problem. Some solutions involved downgrading to an older version of connector and server, but unfortunately that is not possible as other application also use this server and they need the installed version, not an older one.

I am totally out of ideas but maybe one of you could point me in the right direction.

1 REPLY 1
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MHamann ,

This issue has been submitted internally.

It may caused by the connector's update.

For the current connector there is no workaround yet.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.