Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Krzysztof190
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect SQL server 2014

Hi Everyone,

I have big problem when I would like to connect to SQL server

When I type IP adress I receive this information.

Details: "Microsoft SQL: Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement.  This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=18110; handshake=14281; "

What's more  I have full access for sql server. I can access  that IP on local computer (via SQL management studio) or by remote desktop. The problem with that is only when I want to go to sql server by Power BI. 

Do you have any idea how to iron out ?

Thanks in advance,

Krzysztof

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Krzysztof190,

You may try to specify Timeout parameter in The Advanced Editor.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/query-bi/m/sharpduration

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Krzysztof190
Regular Visitor

Hi Everyone,

I have big problem when I would like to connect to SQL server

When I type IP adress I receive this information.

Details: "Microsoft SQL: Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement.  This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=18110; handshake=14281; "

What's more  I have full access for sql server. I can access  that IP on local computer (via SQL management studio) or by remote desktop. The problem with that is only when I want to go to sql server by Power BI. 

Do you have any idea how to iron out ?

Thanks in advance,

Krzysztof

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.