I'm having issues connecting to Adobe Analytics through Power BI Desktop. As soon as I enter the Adobe ID, the window turns white, and then eventually dark gray, and there it remains. I don't get farther than entering the Adobe ID.
I can exit out of the blank dialog window, where the other open window says "We're unable to connect."
The only thing I can think of is that my Power BI login email is different from my Adobe ID. Should that be a problem?
Here's a workaround to perform the "one-time" Authorization needed to access the Adobe Analytics Connector in the Power BI Desktop that you can do from a separate browser.
1. In a separate browser navigate to this link. The link is defined with the client_id used by the Power BI Desktop application that you need to authorize with Adobe.
2. Login with your Adobe ID.
3. The Authorization page will appear. Authorize access and then close the browser window after it progresses to a blank screen at "https://oauth.powerbi.com".
4. Then go back to Power BI Desktop and you will be able to successfully log in with your newly authorized Adobe ID.
A new Power BI option enables the possibility to use your default browser to load the oAuth page.
If the authentication window for Power BI (or data connector) can't open for some reason, this option allows you to use your default web browser to authenticate instead.
1. Did you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop?
2. Were there any error messages?
3. Seems we need to authorize something. Please refer to using/authorizing-and-de-authorizing-adobe-digital-editions.html.
Take a look at the September 2023 Power BI update to learn more.
Join Microsoft Reactor and learn from developers.
Join us for a free, hands-on Microsoft workshop led by women trainers for women where you will learn how to build a Dashboard in a Day!