Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinodhKrishna

Unable to change Python home directory

in Option->Python Script-> I selected Others to change the python home directory, but not allowing to type the new directory path. When I click Browse showing only "Desktop" folder not allowing to change or select different folder

3 REPLIES 3
anilsuri
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  Different environments in Python - for the data I want to set the pythin environment different the folders presented in the option.

The scripts run fine - jupyter lab and otebooks - but i need to point Power BIi to a praticualr enviroment of Anaconda

All I see is folders in the desktop - and secondly when I select other - it does not let me enter the path

Please help

Thanks,

Anil

I am the admin on my desktop - and Power BI desktop

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vinodhKrishna , Make sure no windows patch is pending and you are on the latest version of power bi.

Also, check if your user has access to the install folder or if you have admin right on the machine 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.