Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Varun511
Helper I
Helper I

USE Relationship for date filter

HI ,

Below is my issue

Have 2 dates in my table (Go Live Date , Transaction date) and I joined date table with  Transaction date 

but i need to Filter out the crosstab with with conditon ( GO Live Date <= Selected date from Slicer ) For suppose in  below example date slicer i have selected May 1st till 31st but if you can see the GO Live date 10-06-2022 which shouldnt be there 

the reason it is showing  because we have a join with Transaction date we dont have join with Go Live Date 

Created inactive relation ship from date table to Go Live date  but how to  use USE RELATIONSHIP Function for filter (Go Live date<= selected date slicer) Beacuase use relation will only work in Calculate 

Any help would be Highly Appreciated.Thanks

Varun511_0-1656058974302.png

7 REPLIES 7
NickolajJessen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Alright, i think this will do the trick:

NickolajJessen_0-1656077822333.png

Just add the measure to the visual level filter pane and go from there

NickolajJessen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It's a good idea to include sample data, as solutions may vary depending on data structure.

Measure = 
Var _MaxDate = Max(calendar[date])
Var _GoLivedate = Max(Table[GoLiveDate])
Var _Result = If(_GoLiveDate > _MaxDate, 0,1)
Return
_Result // Add to filter pane and remove all who return 0

You'll probably also need to incorpora the same for minimum date

Hello,

its not working its always showing  1  .i have active relationship with Trasaction date not with Go Live date so in date slicer when i try to filter Actual go live date willl not work since there is no join somehow we need to  create this filter (golive date< max date from slicer) by using userelationp  (changing context from Transaction date with Go Live date ) with go live date

Are you able to share a .pbix or dummy .pbix through dropbox for your preferred sharing service?

Any idea? am not able to  find any solution for this any @Akarsh28 Experts?

Hi @Varun511 ,

May I know if @NickolajJessen 's last reply can solve your problem? If not, could you please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples? It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file with fake data. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

unfortnately cant share as it contains company date but i can explain what you are trying to expect

below is the data model 

my only question is to apply filter Actual date < max date from slicer (Slicer is coming date table) since have joined date table with Transaction date as active relationship Actual go live date filte is not working need to remove the current text and add use relationship to filter but calculate will not work in this case am just wondering how to approach this colution

Varun511_0-1656070906599.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.