Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astano05
Helper III
Helper III

Turn off Applied Filter Section in Exported Table

When exporting a table/matrix from a Power BI report, the export file has the "Applied Filters" section with all filters applied.

Is there a setting to turn this off, so the export does not have this? I have hidden filters that the end-user does not need to see, but they come up on the export.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astano05 

How did you hide the filters? Based on my test, if I hide a filter in Filter Pane, it will not appear on the visual. It shows "No filters applied" no matter I export data with current layout or export the summarized data. 

vjingzhang_0-1658199431167.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astano05 

How did you hide the filters? Based on my test, if I hide a filter in Filter Pane, it will not appear on the visual. It shows "No filters applied" no matter I export data with current layout or export the summarized data. 

vjingzhang_0-1658199431167.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi @v-jingzhang ,

Is there a way to export data without having the cell with "No filter applied"? 

Hi @cris007 

I don't find such a setting or option. 

i think this is it. i have the entire filter pane hidden; not the individual applied filters.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"I have hidden filters that the end-user does not need to see" - you may want to rethink that.  It will be better to apply these in Power Query instead.

Note that if you allow users to "Analyze in Excel" (as you should) then these hidden filters will be meaningless also.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.