Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

Trying to show more than 1 measure in a clustered bar chart

Hi,

I have several measures that are working well. I have a requirement for a clustered bar chart, and I need to group the measures and show all of them accordingly. My issue is that when I group them only 1 appears. I'm using the Modeling->Fields and adding all the measures that are part of this group. I have something like this:

completenessMeasures = {
("cCountry", NAMEOF('Table'[cCountry]), 0),
("cEmail", NAMEOF('Table'[cEmail]), 1),
("cEmployeeRange", NAMEOF('Table'[cEmployeeRange]), 2),
("cFuncArea", NAMEOF('Table'[cFuncArea]), 3),
("cIndustry", NAMEOF('Table'[cIndustry]), 4)
}

The clustered bar chart then is based on an attribute that gives semantic context, something like market segment and the X-Axis, I'm adding this group (above code). But only appearing like this:

mario_ruiz_0-1683518507336.png

mario_ruiz_0-1683519254859.png

So, in this visual I only see the first element of the group ( the one with index 0 ) ... I would like to see all the elements in the group and I don't know how to achieve that. Even a different approach if this is not correct, would help me. Thanks

Sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ykcvdz2dtontba/sample.zip?dl=0

MR

5 REPLIES 5
mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak     @Ritaf1983 Do you have any experience working with Parameters? I can't figure out how to solve this and I have already spent some days ( weeks?) on it...

Hey, Mario @mario_ruiz .
I'm happy to try to help, but I couldn't figure out from your question what you needed.
Please attach a sample file and a picture of the needed result

Hi @Ritaf1983 , I attached a link above in the description. I have 2 visuals there, the left one is okay as it shows all the info. But I need to be more like the second visual from the right. The problem with the right one is that only supports 1 measure from the parameter-group. I understood that when You use legend this happens, so I would like to support this same graph but with the respective titles of the measures on the left and all the measures visible per segment, overlapped would be better. 

My apologies, but I did not understand what you were trying to accomplish from your file despite my best efforts.

Sketch what you intend to achieve in Excel...maybe it will be clearer

mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

I got better results but still not able to reproduce what I need. 

I'm getting this visual now:

mario_ruiz_0-1683728240395.png

However cIndustry is the only value like close to 50% the others are different, for instance country is like 100% so all the attributes are showing the same value but this is not the expected and not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

mario_ruiz_1-1683728373088.png

Any help is appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.