Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmerritt

Trying to display all journal entry line items if just of the line items is "Cash"

Each journal entry will at a minimum contain one debit and one credit entry. I'm trying to see the full journal entry (all debits and credits), when any one line item for that Journal Entry is "cash". When using a visual filter and trying to "drillthrough" the issue is I will only see the one specific line item from the journal entry that is "cash". Is there a way to adjust the drillthough to display the full journal entry, instead of just the one line item?

As an example, see dataset below. If using a visual to filter for "Cash" Accounts, and then using the drillthrough I would only be displayed the line item #1 for journal entry #124. What I'd like to see is both line items for journal entry #124.

Journal Entry ReferenceLine ItemAccountAmount
1241Cash          1,000
1242A/P        (1,000)
1251Revenue              750
1252Inventory            (750)
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jmerritt , In the drill through page, uncheck Keep all filter and then drag only the one you want to pass

Power BI Drill Through - More than one level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAAvpppQmk

Power BI Partial Interactions, Selectively pass filter across visuals - https://youtu.be/SFEKQEic_sk

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.