Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cwilsonLUR
Frequent Visitor

Trying to calculate scrap rate %

Hello,

I'm brand new to Power BI and only started using it a few days ago. I am creating a report for my company and have to calculate the scrap rate of an axel from month to month. I believe that i need to count the number of times "Scrap" appears in the outcome column to count the scrap total and then count the number of times "Pass", "Re-Machine" and "Dress" appear as the outcome to count the production total. Then i divide the scraped total by the production total to calcualate the scrap rate %. I have to figure this out for every month over the past two years and compare the data found. Wondering what the best way to do this would be? I have created a table which i will include in a screenshot below, and just believe that i need to add the three measures listed above and then create the visuals from the data found. 

cwilsonLUR_0-1666270309574.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @cwilsonLUR,

Start by creating the % Scrap by using the following formula:

% Scrap = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Outcome]), FILTER('Table','Table'[Outcome]="Scrap")) / COUNT('Table'[Outcome])

Fomat this measure as a percentage. You can use this along with the month year column in a table or graph and see % Scrap for every month.

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @cwilsonLUR,

Start by creating the % Scrap by using the following formula:

% Scrap = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Outcome]), FILTER('Table','Table'[Outcome]="Scrap")) / COUNT('Table'[Outcome])

Fomat this measure as a percentage. You can use this along with the month year column in a table or graph and see % Scrap for every month.

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.