Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

PSlattery7

Trouble shooting visualization with identical relationships

Hello guys,

So I've been stuck for hours on trying to figure out why my visaulization is summing up 3 years of data when I'm separating it by year.

Basically in the line graph, I have two values: one being the cost amount (seperated by month and year - which is working perfectly) and the second being the total sell-in amount we have (seperated by years 2019/2020/2021 in the data set). Even though I've created the relationships the exact same way, the cost amount is functioning correctly where it's only taking the data from the specific year. But the sell-in data is summing up all 3 years for some reason...

The relationships for my Cost - Shipping is Many to Many where my DIM_Calendar (month) is sorting my Cost - Shipping (Month). I replecated that same relationship with my Sell-In Data where Dim_Calendar (month) is sorting my Sell-In (month) data.

What I don't understand is the relationship for the cost side is working exactly as intended. But when it comes to the Sell-In data, with the exact same relationship and columns, it won't work but instead it sums to the total of the three years

I hope that's enough information but I would genuinely appreciate everyones help. Thank you in advance

Reddit help.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PSlattery7 , the best way is to create a year start or end date and use that in the join

refer the way

Distributing/Allocating the Yearly Target(Convert to Daily Target): Measure ( Daily/YTD): Magic of CLOSINGBALANCEYEAR With TOTALYTD/DATESYTD: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Distributing-Allocating-the-Yearly-Target-C...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.