Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

llawn001

Trouble Linking a BI Report to SharePoint

Hi Forum,

I am having an issue linking my PowerBI report to my SharePoint page to allow users to view and consume the report without a BI License. I currently am utilizing a Pro trial so I am able to get the embedded link, but cannot seem to get the Report to display on the SharePoint site. It currently seems like it attempts to load but does not produce any output. 

Does anyone have experience resolving an issue similar to this? I am also curious if someone knows whether we can publish a PowerBI report in SharePoint to enable users without licenses to view and consume that report.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Luke Lawn

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @llawn001 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. if not, please share more details about your question, I'd like to provide further support. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi Dina_Ye,

Unfortunately when I try to link my dashboard to SharePoint it doesn’t actually show up in my site. Have you ever seen this issue before?

I utilized that article originally to get an idea of how I could add my report in a sub site but it won’t display the report as it does online (or at all). I’ll give it another shot tomorrow but please let me know if you or anyone else has had this issue.

FYI - I have a trial account for the time being but I’m not sure if that matters.

Thank you,

Luke
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @llawn001 ,

I think you're referring this artile:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo

If the user doesn't have pro license , you can embed a report within an app and share it directly with users:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo#grant-access-to-reports

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.