Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kafka82

Tree visualisation from taxonomy file

I am have a file with a taxonomy built in it - using tax and parent_taxon IDs - however I am not quite sure how I can built a tree structure in Power BI so I can filter through the different items of the tree ? Ideally  I would like to use a decomposition tree but even if it was a simple matrix where I can filter down through the tree would be great -

What's the best way to do this in Power BI? Breakdown the table in different table and build a relationship ? Shall Import in a mySQL database and built the tree there ? How? Sorry for silly questions but am bit newbie to this!

I guess what I am asking is how to "unflatten" the file into a dataset I can filter in some sort of table or visual.

Here is the file with the taxonomy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vF_pEcP5-Og99oFmBP8fLRIzl3-_HdSz/view?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Normally you would use the PATH functions for this.  However your sample data has holes.

lbendlin_0-1682881689905.png

Basically each parent MUST be present as a child as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.