Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Jaydis
Regular Visitor

Transforming sharepoint list survey results

Hi,

I am anaylzing results from a survey which are pulled into power bi through a sharepoint list. The format of the sharepoint list is as follows:

sharepointdata.PNG

I would like to graph the results on a stacked bar chart - yaxis being the questions and xaxis being the % answered of each type (Excellent, good, fair, poor, n/a), also being able to filter by project #, date, manager.

I believe the easiest way to do that would be to get my data in the following format:

TransformedData.PNG

How would I use power bi to transform the data this way? (Or is there a better way to format the data to get the resultant graph?) 

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkLaf
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In query editor, select Q1, Q2, Q3 columns, right click, and click 'Unpivot Only Selected Columns':

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkLaf
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In query editor, select Q1, Q2, Q3 columns, right click, and click 'Unpivot Only Selected Columns':

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

When selecting unpivot only selected columns, all the columns display "error". 

The error message is:

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: A value without a type name was found and no expected type is available. When the model is specified, each value in the payload must have a type which can be either specified in the payload, explicitly by the caller or implicitly inferred from the parent value.
Details:
DataSourceKind=SharePoint
DataSourcePath=https://mytentnat.sharepoint.com/sites/qa/_api/Web/Lists(guid'542c4b4b-f41d-472b-a401-8e0768adc2d8')...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.