Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

Training data inside PBIX file, is it possible to migrate it without retrain?

Hi,

I'm training data to use the Q&A feature in a more customized manner. I have other PBIX versions where I would like to reuse the same kind of setup (synonyms, featured questions, trained data) but I see there's no a way to share/import/export it to other PBIX files, so I would need to retrain the same data and setup the same process in each PBIX file I need to so it? 

The Featured Q&A questions are setup in Power BI service, so I would say in any case, I do require to migrate metada from Desktop and from PBI service as well. 

Thanks

MR

2 REPLIES 2
mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak @Ritaf1983 @Greg_Deckler have you had any chance to work on this in the past? I found something called Linguistic Schemas that seems can help but not sure if there's something more robust to use...

@mario_ruiz There is a way to share synonyms. Intro to Q&A tooling to train Power BI Q&A (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn. Teaching your Q&A essentially amounts to adding synonyms to things. You can export the linguistic schema, make changes to it and import it back in. I believe the phrasings are stored in the Relationships section of the yaml file and you can add phrasings for nouns, adjectives, attributes, prepositions, verbs, and names. If you have common definitions for these things, you could potentially find a way to take a schema export, merge in the Relationships from a common file and then reimport that back into your model. Edit Q&A linguistic schema and add phrasings in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.