Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krijgerss21
Helper II
Helper II

Tour de france poule data !!!help!!!!

Hello i need some help for creating a tour de france poule data.  we want to do a tour de france poule this year with some co-workers and we want to show it in a dashboard the scores everybody at each race can somebody help me with this to make it as a good excel format so i can use everybody prediction in a dashboard with points etc.

in the excel sheet screenshot i placed is a list how people can fill the poule 

Krijgerss21_0-1685527019793.png

so everybody makes their own team they score there points by the way the runnes finish 

anyone a idea to makes this in a way so i can make it as a dashboard so people can see and compete agaisnt each other

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Krijgerss21 ,

In Excel, you can create a table to store the predictions made by each participant. You can then use a formula to calculate the score for each participant based on the actual results of the contest. Once the scores are available, you can create a chart to visualize the scores for each participant. You can also use conditional formatting to highlight the winners of each match.

In Power BI, you can create a data model to store the predictions made by each participant as well as the actual results of the contest. You can then use the DAX formula to calculate the score for each participant based on the actual results of the contest. Once the scores are available, you can create a report to visualize the scores for each participant. You can also use conditional formatting to highlight the winners of each match.

For example, Power BI.

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_0-1685678305806.png

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. You can use the Clustered column chart to see the scores of each player in each game visually..

vyangliumsft_1-1685678305809.png

2. Create measure.

To see the fastest runners in each race:

Rank =
RANKX(
    FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[race]=MAX('Table'[race])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Score])),,ASC)
Flag =
IF(
    [Rank]=MINX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[race]=MAX('Table'[race])),[Rank]),1,0)

3. Place [Flag]in Filters, set is=1, apply filter.

vyangliumsft_3-1685678371997.png

4. Result:

vyangliumsft_4-1685678372001.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Krijgerss21 ,

In Excel, you can create a table to store the predictions made by each participant. You can then use a formula to calculate the score for each participant based on the actual results of the contest. Once the scores are available, you can create a chart to visualize the scores for each participant. You can also use conditional formatting to highlight the winners of each match.

In Power BI, you can create a data model to store the predictions made by each participant as well as the actual results of the contest. You can then use the DAX formula to calculate the score for each participant based on the actual results of the contest. Once the scores are available, you can create a report to visualize the scores for each participant. You can also use conditional formatting to highlight the winners of each match.

For example, Power BI.

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_0-1685678305806.png

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. You can use the Clustered column chart to see the scores of each player in each game visually..

vyangliumsft_1-1685678305809.png

2. Create measure.

To see the fastest runners in each race:

Rank =
RANKX(
    FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[race]=MAX('Table'[race])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Score])),,ASC)
Flag =
IF(
    [Rank]=MINX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[race]=MAX('Table'[race])),[Rank]),1,0)

3. Place [Flag]in Filters, set is=1, apply filter.

vyangliumsft_3-1685678371997.png

4. Result:

vyangliumsft_4-1685678372001.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.