Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xuxxay88
Helper I
Helper I

Totals by Month for DateDiff of Product

Hi,

I have the below table and need to get the totals to sum for each month, it's calculating it for the overall total, and it's doing it for the first month, but nothing inbetween.

xuxxay88_0-1643281968873.png

I'm calculating the days elapsed that the product is active, the product has a created date, start date and end date and is evaluated for the month so if it starts part way through the month, then it's measuring "product start date - end of month", if it it ends during the month, then "month start - product end date" and so on - as you can see, it doesn't total properly because it's taking the Min/Max Dates over all of the ID's selected.

I've created the "Test Months" to try and get those individual ID days totalled. The table is joined to the calendar table via the "Created date" which is why I think it may be missing them off the totals?

I've tried a straight SUMX(VALUES(ID),[TEST])

And I've tried using variables and creating a summarytable and then SUMX the table to get the total and then evaluating with "HASONEFILTER" and that hasn't worked either.

Any help welcome!

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@xuxxay88 , check if this same as Age in HR file attached after signature.

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @xuxxay88 ;

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. or Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@xuxxay88 , check if this same as Age in HR file attached after signature.

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.