Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Jensej
Helper V
Helper V

Total with a join

Hello

How can i make a measure with the Total BetragFw only on the fields where Buchungen_KontoNrFIB and Konto_KontoNrFIB is equal?

Unbenannt.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jensej ,

Can you try changing your relationship direction to "BOTH" and check if this works?

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jensej , the formula seems correct, just make sure you select correct column names.

Select is from suggestions made by power bi

Thanks for your help, now ive bumped into next problem..  @amitchandak @Pragati11 

So from my Total measure i wanted to how much sales i had for each day but it gives me the Total amount everywhere. 

I have conntected the salesdate from bi_ertrag with the date table so i was hoping it would work ? 

1.PNG2.PNG

Hi @Jensej ,

Can you try changing your relationship direction to "BOTH" and check if this works?

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11  Thanks a lot, but i dont understand why i have to do this? It stand i should not use this if i have unique values in one of the tables and in my date tables the dates are unique or not?

Now next problem: 🙂 

If i add a new filter to the visual where i say i just want to see the Totals each day in the first quarter only on the Konto_KontoNrFIB IN (340100,340200) i just see the last day with the Total? 

3.PNG

Hi @Jensej ,

The reason why you have make this relationship BOTH is -  You are trying to get a measure value from a different related table. So, when you select a date field from your DATE table, it needs to filter your other table to get the measure value correct.

You can refer following article on why direction of a relationship is important:

https://radacad.com/what-is-the-direction-of-relationship-in-power-bi

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11  Ok i see, i edited my latest post. Have another Problem 🙂 I really appreciate your help 🙏

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jensej ,

You can create a DAX as follows:

Total = CALCULATE(SUM(bi_Ertrag[BetragFw]),  FILTER(ALLSELECTED(bi_Ertrag), bi_Ertrag[Konto_KontoNrFIB] = bi_Ertrag[Buchungen_KontoNrFIB]))

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.