Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Leon12Smith
Frequent Visitor

Top N for graph with 2x hierarchy data fields

Hi

I have a table called Vehicles - it contains a hierarchy field "Make and Model" of vehicles showing the vehicles "Model" and specific connected "Make":

Leon12Smith_0-1684755018606.png

I am plotting a Column Chart with this mentioned field as the x-axis with a calculated measure on the y-axis - call it "y_axis_measure".

Leon12Smith_1-1684755128999.png

I want to filter the graph to only show the top 10 "Make and Model" vehicles by the "y_axis_measure". But I do not have this option available on the Filters pane. 

I can only filter by either Vehicle[Make] or Vehicle[Model]:

Leon12Smith_2-1684755385436.png

Can I create a measure or filter to only show the top 10 Vehicles Make and Model by the "y_axis_measure"? In other words, the top 10 "y_axis_measure" values of the Vehicles in the Vehicles table based on the combination of the Make and Model description.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Leon12Smith , Try like this examples

2 column top N = CALCULATE([Net], TOPN(10, SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'), 'Item'[make], 'Item'[model]), [Net],DESC),VALUES('Item'[Make]), VALUES('Item'[model]) )

2 column top N = Sumx(Keepfilters( TOPN(10, SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'), 'Item'[make], 'Item'[Model]), [Your measure],DESC)), [Your measure])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data to work with and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Leon12Smith , Try like this examples

2 column top N = CALCULATE([Net], TOPN(10, SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'), 'Item'[make], 'Item'[model]), [Net],DESC),VALUES('Item'[Make]), VALUES('Item'[model]) )

2 column top N = Sumx(Keepfilters( TOPN(10, SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'), 'Item'[make], 'Item'[Model]), [Your measure],DESC)), [Your measure])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors