Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krzysztofpiotro
Frequent Visitor

Top N does not work correctly

Hi,

I am facing some problem with Top N filter. I am trying to compose a visual showing top 7 employee by sum of CzasGodziny. But the result returns much more rows... See pics below. There are no ties between 7th and 8th row, so I have no idea what's happening. If I put top 10 or top 15 filter, the result still does not return correct number of rows.

Could anyone tell me what would be the reason? It behaves similarly also for other coulmns, nevermind if they are of integer or real data type.

Thanks in advance for any help!

pbi1.pngpbi2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @krzysztofpiotro,

The result is expected. It has duplicates. Maybe the result on the right is what you want. Any other requests, please feel free to input here.

Top_N_does_not_work_correctly

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @krzysztofpiotro,

Can you share the file? Please mask or delete the sensitive parts first.

1. It seems the Visual Level filter. Did you apply it in the left table?

2. Please also upgrade to the latest version of Desktop.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I have sent you the file - see private message.

Regarding questions:

1. Yes, this is Visual Level Filter applied to the depicted table and it does not work correctly.

2. Unfortunately, upgrade to the newest version did not help.

Hi @krzysztofpiotro,

The result is expected. It has duplicates. Maybe the result on the right is what you want. Any other requests, please feel free to input here.

Top_N_does_not_work_correctly

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft 

I also have same problem I want top 100 apps based on number of users for each app but as the number of users are same for many apps so it is giving 400 apps instead of 100 so how can i get 100 apps whether the apps have duplicate or not?

11.PNG

Yes! This is the result I wanted to reach. Thank you very much 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.