Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MOORE020
Frequent Visitor

Top N Slider - Unexpected results after adding legend

All, I am trying to do a Top N slider.  An issue I am experiencing is that I cant seem to include an additonal column without it skewing my dense ranks.  The first image is what I would expect it to be, but when I go to add an aging category, it throws the ranks off kilter.  

MOORE020_0-1664832595226.png

MOORE020_1-1664832666953.png

Disposition Rank = RANKX(ALL('Daily Comments'[Disposition]),'.Calculations'[D_SumBalanceDue],,DESC,Dense)

D_TopDispositionsByBalance =
CALCULATE('.Calculations'[D_SumBalanceDue],
FILTER(
VALUES('Daily Comments'[Disposition]),
IF(
RANKX(ALL('Daily Comments'[Disposition]),'.Calculations'[D_SumBalanceDue],,,Dense) <='Top XX Dispositions'[Top XX Dispositions Value]
,'.Calculations'[D_SumBalanceDue],BLANK()
)
)
)

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MOORE020 

This is normal. When adding an aging category, the values of other fields, such as balance due, will no longer aggregate. You will find that the data row is expanded, but its rank value has not changed for the same disposition.
Can you explain in more detail what you want?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

I have a stacked bar chart that I am trying to allow users to slice with Top N Dispositions.  The Bar chart has an aging category that should show as the legend on the bar chart.  Now if they pick the top 5 dispositions, it actually shows 8 different dispositions due to how Power BI is no longer aggregating.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.