Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Amit4688
Regular Visitor

Tooltips Options in Box and whiskers Plot

I am using Box and Whiskers visual. My problem is that when the visual is created the outliers do not have label name. When I hover over them I can see the value but not its label name.

And also it does not have a tooltips option.

Is there a way we can show the label name by changing the code of the box and whiskers.

If we can change the code of the visual, how do we do that.

Any suggestions will be valuable.

2 REPLIES 2
jppp
MVP

Hi Amit,

There are no seperate datalabel available for the outliers. Only if all data labels are visible, also outliers will get a label.

I have created a issue/suggestion https://github.com/liprec/powerbi-boxWhiskerChart/issues/2 and maybe you can add additional suggestions.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Amit4688,

You can refer the reference information within the Power BI Visuals git repo which provides a step by step tutorial of developing your first PowerBI visual. And here is the source code of Box and Whiskers visual.

In addition, I would also suggest you give your feedback by contacting the author/providor Jan Pieter Posthuma directly, so that features of Box and Whiskers visual could be improved in future release. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.