Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MakZH
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip visible on specific columns

Dear community,

I am looking for a way to show a tooltip only on a specific column in a table visual (see the illustration below). I created the tooltip on a separate page with the page type "Tooltip". I also used the option "Show tooltip on" to specify on which data the tooltip will be displayed.
MakZH_0-1712926763530.png

Setting on the tooltip page to show the tooltip only on the data (e.g. "JOB_STATUS")

MakZH_1-1712927296042.png

Thank you for your hints.

5 REPLIES 5
Sergii24
Super User
Super User

Hi @MakZH, I'd be glad to know if I'm wrong but, as of my knowledge, you can't display set a tooltip visibility at a column level: it works only at visual level, so is active/inactive for all elements of a selected visual. 

Hi @Sergii24 thank you for your message. I am wondering for what the function "Show tooltip on" stands for?   

It helps you to automatically assign a tooltip to a visual. See the example below. 

I set up a tooltip page adding field "Data" to "Show tooltip on"

Sergii24_1-1712933144533.png

Now, when I create a new visual with "Data" field on it and turn on a tooltip, it's going to automatically pick-up this page istead of showing a default tooltip.

Sergii24_3-1712933383091.png

Sergii24_4-1712933414876.png

I hope it helps!

@Sergii24, thank you, so it turns it on still on the whole visual, not on a specific column, where the data (in your example above "Data") is displayed.

Exactly, the tooltip will be displayed at the whole visual, while when selecting different data points, it will filter data approprietly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.