Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltip Formatting

Hi All,

I have set the decimal places to zero for my dashboards but the toottip seems to show the decimal places. How can the tooltip be formatted? I cant see any option to format the values in toot tip.

Himanshu_13_0-1627378611598.png

Himanshu_13_1-1627378647958.png

Regards,

Himanshu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

Either override the measure DP at visual-level on your details tab page (if you don't need the tooltip to show the higher DP), or create a new measure "myMeasureZeroDP" which is just '= [myMeasure]' but can be set to zero DP for pages that need it, and the original measure with 2 DP can be used on pages that need it.

Another option would be to create your own Tooltips, then you can display them however you want.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips

For what it's worth, I can't imagine anybody needs to see 55 cents on the end of a $199m value.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Set the decimal places at measure-level rather than visual-level.

Select your measure from the fields list, then on the Measure Tools tab at the top of the Desktop window you can change your DP to whatver you want. This should then force through to tooltips.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

But I dont want to format the measure as I have used decimal places in my details tab page ( tabular report), so i want to have 0 decimal places only in the dashboards and tool tip. is this possible?

@Anonymous ,

Either override the measure DP at visual-level on your details tab page (if you don't need the tooltip to show the higher DP), or create a new measure "myMeasureZeroDP" which is just '= [myMeasure]' but can be set to zero DP for pages that need it, and the original measure with 2 DP can be used on pages that need it.

Another option would be to create your own Tooltips, then you can display them however you want.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips

For what it's worth, I can't imagine anybody needs to see 55 cents on the end of a $199m value.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

haha yes 55 cents doesnt matter on a forecasted revenue of $199m but still wanted to show it on the details page as business does reconsillation when they export and they match the DP values as well. Rest, i'll create a seperate measure and i think that will work.

Thanks for the support !!!

Regards,

Himanshu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.