Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ljkeefe
Helper I
Helper I

Tooltip Filtered Results

I'm creating a dashboard for my organization and I'd like to create tool tips for Cards showing the Project Name and certain dates. For example, the MAX days of project list is 1162 and Min is 43. I'd like for the consumer to be able hover over the Card and have the tooltip display the name of the project at MAX days and maybe milestone dates. I would like to NOT create Tooltip pages for each card (I have 7). Is there a way to do what I'd like without having to create individual tooltip pages?

Here's a small snip of my data table:

ljkeefe_0-1684266522972.png

Here's a snip of my dashboard so far with the cards:

ljkeefe_1-1684266568764.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ljkeefe  I have a workaround solution for your requirement. Instead of tooltip, you can provide drill through to the user to check the list of projects.

Here is my solution:

Output:

ghoshabhijeet_0-1684435871451.png

Steps:

1. Create a 100% Stacked Bar Chart

2. Bring in Project on Y-Axis and Award to Acceptance on X-Axis

3. Create a measure for getting the Min Value:

Min Award to Acceptance = MIN( ProjectList[Award to Acceptance Duration] )

4. Under "Filter on this visual" for click on 100% Stacked Bar Chart, click on Project

5. Select Filter Type as Top N and choose Bottom and 1 in the field values

6. Bring the measure for Min Value created above and the chart should be filtered down to the minimum value

ghoshabhijeet_2-1684436472858.png

7. Create a drill through page with a table and pull in your Project column in the table

8. Pull Award to Acceptance and Project column in drill through fields in drill through page

ghoshabhijeet_3-1684436570773.png

Now, when you do drill through from the chart it should show the desired result.

To use it as a part of your dashboard, just remove all elments (title, data labels) from the chart.

To make it transparent; create this measures for conditional formatting and use it conditional formatting Bar colors:

Conditional Format = "#FFFFFF00"

ghoshabhijeet_4-1684437250348.png

Now put this chart on top of the card and right click to go to the drillthrough page.

ghoshabhijeet_5-1684437330018.png

Now, repeate the above steps for all other cards. This way you would be utilizing a single drill through page for all your cards.

Attaching the PBIX file for your reference. Hope this helps.

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@ljkeefe  Yes, try with SWITCH function. It should work. If you need solutioning, please share the PBIX file. Thanks!

Hi @ghoshabhijeet 

If you could help that would be great because I don't quite understand how SWITCH is the solution.

Here's the file:

PBIX file 

@ljkeefe  Thanks for the PBIX file.

It didn't work out as I have expected it would. So, I believe you need to create multiple report tooltip page for different cards.

I will let you know if I could find any other solution to this problem.

@ghoshabhijeet I appreciate you trying. I was trying to avoid multiple report but seems like it's not avoidable. Thank you!

@ljkeefe  I have a workaround solution for your requirement. Instead of tooltip, you can provide drill through to the user to check the list of projects.

Here is my solution:

Output:

ghoshabhijeet_0-1684435871451.png

Steps:

1. Create a 100% Stacked Bar Chart

2. Bring in Project on Y-Axis and Award to Acceptance on X-Axis

3. Create a measure for getting the Min Value:

Min Award to Acceptance = MIN( ProjectList[Award to Acceptance Duration] )

4. Under "Filter on this visual" for click on 100% Stacked Bar Chart, click on Project

5. Select Filter Type as Top N and choose Bottom and 1 in the field values

6. Bring the measure for Min Value created above and the chart should be filtered down to the minimum value

ghoshabhijeet_2-1684436472858.png

7. Create a drill through page with a table and pull in your Project column in the table

8. Pull Award to Acceptance and Project column in drill through fields in drill through page

ghoshabhijeet_3-1684436570773.png

Now, when you do drill through from the chart it should show the desired result.

To use it as a part of your dashboard, just remove all elments (title, data labels) from the chart.

To make it transparent; create this measures for conditional formatting and use it conditional formatting Bar colors:

Conditional Format = "#FFFFFF00"

ghoshabhijeet_4-1684437250348.png

Now put this chart on top of the card and right click to go to the drillthrough page.

ghoshabhijeet_5-1684437330018.png

Now, repeate the above steps for all other cards. This way you would be utilizing a single drill through page for all your cards.

Attaching the PBIX file for your reference. Hope this helps.

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

@ghoshabhijeet thank you. I would like to try this work around but I have a question. Are steps 7 and 8 manual filters? Like, do I have to check the boxes in the filter area? and I'm unclear how you got the Bottom 1 project on this page when that filter was on the other page with the bar graph.

@ljkeefe  Please check the attached PBIX file in my reply earlier.

@ghoshabhijeet Thank you. It took a bit of digging around but I think I figured out most of it, some through your instruction and the other via reverse engineering. The only measure that this workaround isn't working with is the Median measures. It only wants to show the max or min of the projects. Weird. Overall, it's a useful workaround. Thanks again.

@ljkeefe  Glad, I could help. 😊👍

Good Luck 👍

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@ljkeefe  Thanks for your query.
As far as I understood your query, you want a dynamic tooltip to give you the list of Project Name that falls under the category of the card values.

For e.g. All project names should show in a list when the user hover over a card (Min Award to Acceptance Days 43), correct ? If yes, then I believe this can be achieved using the SWITCH function.

Good Luck 👍

@ghoshabhijeet I only want the corresponding project name to show up in the tooltip. For example, the project name that has the MAX number of days or project name of the one that has MIN number of days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.