Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pshpil

Timeline Slicer Presets

Hi, I am new to Power BI and am really liking the features. I am working on replacing a custom dashboard my company has with Power Bi Embed. One thing I am struggling with is how to create a date filter with presets of the most commonly used date ranges. I can create the calendar filter with the timeline slicer, but I don't see a way to make things like "yesterday", "last month", etc. 

This is what I have now:

date.PNG

Any help would be very much appricated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
3 REPLIES 3
Nayan_surya
Frequent Visitor

Hi @pshpil ,

I can understand your problem and there is a much simpler solution to this. Power BI Native date slicer does not offers this feature but a lot of custom visual do, My favourite is Date picker by Powerviz. It has all the required presets in built and other features like selection, themes, pop-up mode , and much more.

Nayan_surya_0-1702625778220.png

I think you should check them out.

Here is a link if you want to check this visual - https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/powerbivisuals/truvizinc1674781244292.date-picker-by-p...  (I believe they offer a free version too)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. That looks intense, but I will work through it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.