Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dw700d
Post Patron
Post Patron

Time effective way to update & publish dashboard while I am out of the office

Good day

I provide a daily report for 10 end users. I will be out of the office and I would like my colleague to have the ability to refresh and publish this report.  I saved the power bi file in a shared file. The data I am referencing for the report is also located in a shared file. But when my colleague goes to the power query editor in my file he gets a  message that says

“Data source error could not find this file”. He gets that message for each query he selects in my dashboard. I’m confused because the data is located in a shared file and I am able to access the data when I am in power query editor. Does anyone know why this is happening? Or does any one know of a time effective method that will allow my colleague to update my dashboard without having to create the dashboard from scratch?

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Try having your colleague go into File | Options and settings | Data source settings and reauthenticating.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.