Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Series Heat Map

Hello Experts, Need your help.

I have huge data of crime occured at particular location. Here is the snippet of sample data.

heat.PNG

Based on this I need to create a heat map which shows the location and crime at particular processed time. As of now this would be static data representation and later on I may need to create a streaming data set with power bi API so the data would flow according to processed time. I am not sure how should I proceed with this.

I have tried with ArcGCIS, Globe maps but its not working for me. I have even downloaded the HeatMap visual from the below link but not sure how to use this.  There is a link provided on how to use this but the link appears broken.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Best-Visual-Contest/Heatmap/cns-p/7551

Could anyone have any idea or any other visual which will help me in this? Please advise.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
rohitnadgiri
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have a very similar probelm. I want to represent an ordinal variable (i.e. an index) changing over time (animated) for several locations on a heat map. I have used the heatmap visual suggested by @Eric_Zhang. However, the map is designed for categorical variables and not ordinal. Can anybody help me out here?

PS - I am sharing this post after several disucssions with Microsoft developers.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Experts, Need your help.

I have huge data of crime occured at particular location. Here is the snippet of sample data.

heat.PNG

Based on this I need to create a heat map which shows the location and crime at particular processed time. As of now this would be static data representation and later on I may need to create a streaming data set with power bi API so the data would flow according to processed time. I am not sure how should I proceed with this.

I have tried with ArcGCIS, Globe maps but its not working for me. I have even downloaded the HeatMap visual from the below link but not sure how to use this.  There is a link provided on how to use this but the link appears broken.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Best-Visual-Contest/Heatmap/cns-p/7551

Could anyone have any idea or any other visual which will help me in this? Please advise.

Thanks!

@Anonymous

There's a heatmap in the custom visual store, see Heatmap. You could follow the steps.

As to how to push data via REST API, you could reference Push data into a Power BI dataset. Do note that you can only push data to the datasets which are created via REST API.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Eric_Zhang, thanks for your inputs. I have used the visual as mentioned but there is no option to have heat data e.g. I need to show where crime has occured more in some top layer. Are you aware of any other map visual for this?

Please advise, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All- Anyone has expert advise on this? Appreciate any help, please, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.