Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

trevordunham
Helper III
Helper III

Time Bin Intervals

I have searched for a while but only have found solutions using start and end times and recreating those solutions has not worked.

What I am looking for is to create a table that on one axis has day and the other axis has time intervals (30 mins) so I can display the number of tickets in each 30 minute interval for every day in a given month. Creating bins using the built in feature carries the date along with it so I end up with a massive table that shows the date with every time interval. I am just looking to have 30 minute bin vs day. 

To be a little more clear, the field I am trying to convert is a date + time field. I am using that date + time field twice on the same matrix. One axis being the day of that date time field, the other axis being a 30 minute interval bin of that date time field. While the values are just a count of tickets.

Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
trevordunham
Helper III
Helper III

I was able to get this to work simply by splitting by date time field into date and time seperately then using the group/bin function on just the time field.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
trevordunham
Helper III
Helper III

I was able to get this to work simply by splitting by date time field into date and time seperately then using the group/bin function on just the time field.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@trevordunham Seems like a variation on Open Tickets. If you can post sample data, could be more specific.

Take a look at these two Quick Measures as I think you want something like them.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Open-Tickets/m-p/409364
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Periodic-Billing/m-p/409365

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

This is one of the solutions I came across that I mentioned involves open and close times. I was unable to use this as a solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.