Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This table is Empty in PowerBI Desktop but Data is loading from PowerBi Pro

I created a dataflow using PowerBI Pro - Oracle Database. I can see the data in the dataflow editor

But when I try to use it in Power BI Desktop the table is empty.

abegaillava_0-1614939549403.png

I have already tried the following:

1. After creating the new dataflow, refresh the DataFlow on service to make data loaded into the entity.

2. Click the "Refresh" button in "Navigator" pane.

3. If still no data is shown, please clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to dataflow again.

I have verified thet refresh has been completed for this Dataflow.

I was not able to solve this issue so far. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Abegail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you confirmed that the dataflow is refreshed in the service and the data table can be loaded?

After confirmation, you can try to recreate the pbix connection to this dataflow to see if the problem persists, or you can try to  copy the M code from Advanced Editor into power bi desktop and try it again.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-create#using-the-dataflow-editor 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ridua
Employee
Employee

I am having the same issue where I am loading data from a saved Application Insights query, it isn't loading the data for a query after the query contains a leftOuter join, the query, however, works expectedly in Application Insights. Can someone help?

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you confirmed that the dataflow is refreshed in the service and the data table can be loaded?

After confirmation, you can try to recreate the pbix connection to this dataflow to see if the problem persists, or you can try to  copy the M code from Advanced Editor into power bi desktop and try it again.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-create#using-the-dataflow-editor 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @V-lianl-msft 
I have the same issue here. there is data in the dataflow editor, but empty in Service. 

betty_bui2602_0-1703826726570.png

betty_bui2602_1-1703826782674.png

I tried to follow all steps as mentioned: refreshed data in service, remove permision and create new by copy code from advanced editor but it still show empty table.. 
Could you please help?

BR, 
BettyB

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.