Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is not enough memory to complete this operation

Dear, Everyone
I am beginner of Power BI I really need help from other people has experience  with my issue. I have total records in a table 20 Millions rows. 

Step:
1. I convert multiple currencies to only USD(0.USD_CR_AMT)
2. I find average credit_amount by total sum(0.USD_CR_AMT)/count(credit_amount)
Final, What i need:
3.I want category all average credit_amount(from 2nd step) into group:$300 - 1000$,  $1000$- $2000,etc
First attempt, I use 3rd step in column(Error occurred like image below).
Second attempt. I use 3rd step in measure (Error occurred the same like image below).

Please, someone suggest any idea or good solutions to me

thank in advanced.

ErrorMemory.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi khihortmrm,

You should be using variables(Var) for storing results in case of complex calculations

such that you do not run out of memory. Also note that Power BI is a visualization tool, (it is not excel, yet many people think powerbi can be used/replace excel for reporting instead of excel). Before I can tell anything further..I have few questions for you..

1. How many measures are you using (i.e. columns with calculator sign on them)?

2. How many columns do you have? (Please ensure that you have only necessary columns, delete those columns that are not necessary)

3. Are all the calculations (measures) being calculated concurrently?

4. Is there a possibility of taking calculation to backend such as Excel or SQL-server?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi khihortmrm,

You should be using variables(Var) for storing results in case of complex calculations

such that you do not run out of memory. Also note that Power BI is a visualization tool, (it is not excel, yet many people think powerbi can be used/replace excel for reporting instead of excel). Before I can tell anything further..I have few questions for you..

1. How many measures are you using (i.e. columns with calculator sign on them)?

2. How many columns do you have? (Please ensure that you have only necessary columns, delete those columns that are not necessary)

3. Are all the calculations (measures) being calculated concurrently?

4. Is there a possibility of taking calculation to backend such as Excel or SQL-server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.