Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matjw10
Frequent Visitor

Themes For Shapes

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it is currently possible to change the colour of a shape to that of the theme of the report?

8 REPLIES 8
Oscar_Mtz_V
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

This should come handy, although the "fillColor" option does not works.

"shape": {
			"*": {
				"fill": [{
					"show": true,
					"fillColor": { "solid": { "color": "#6DBD5D"}},
					"transparency": 50
				}],
				"border": [{
					"color": {"solid": {"color": "#FFFFFF"}},
					"show": false,
					"radius": 0
				}]
			}
		},

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@matjw10,

Select the Shape map, go to Format> Data colors, you can choose Theme colors and apply them to your map.

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was refering to the shapes within the insert ribbon rather than the shape map. 

Shapes Button.PNG

When I change the theme all of the visuals are affected however nothing else. Wasn't sure if there was currently a way of changing this.

Thanks

@matjw10,

Yes. shapes will not be affected. You would need to select the shape, go to Format shape, choose theme color for Line or Fill or Backgroud.
1.PNG

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you v-yuezhe-msft.

I was hoping this could be automated as the themes change bit it looks like it will have to be a manual change.

@matjw10,

You can submit a feature request in the ideas forum:https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200.

Regards,

I was hoping that the September '17 update for Power BI would list shapes in the cardName values list. I got excited when I saw shape: Shape listed but haven't had any success after an hour playing with the json file. Has anyone else had the chance to try in the lastest version?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-report-themes/#structure-of-a-repo...

This repository shows all the JSON options for shapes.

https://github.com/deldersveld/PowerBI-ThemeTemplates/blob/master/Shape.json 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors