Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

imenmaiza
Helper II
Helper II

The given key was not present in the dictionary

Hello,

I am having a refresh problem and I need help,

Currently, I am using Power BI Desktop (January 2021), after applying changes, it takes long time then I get the following error:

''The given key was not present in the dictionary''

It does occur after the Windows update, I have done some research and it seems like this is due to the Windows update and I need to install the latest Power BI Desktop version. However, I am publishing the dashboard into the power BI report Server which doesn't have may 2021 version yet.

What is confusing is that I have this error only in one dashboard. Isn't I supposed to have this error in all dashboards?

Please be advised that I am using an Excel file and SQL Server databases in my dashboard.

Thanks a lot for your help,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @imenmaiza ,

Please review the content in the following thread, hope that they can help you resolve the problem.

Power BI key errors: Fix them with these detailed solutions

The given key was not present in the dictionary - Brand Pack for Power BI Server

Besides that, please check that there is any table without any column only include measure just as the situation with the following issue thread.

DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Analysis Services: Error Message

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello all, 

Thank you for your suggestions. This issue was solved after installing the newest Power BI Version.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dsimpsontx
Helper I
Helper I

Holy smoke I think I solved the same error message on my dashboard. So I have a column of numeric values, but I vaguely recall that that column had a value that was crazy high. So I specified that it should be int64 and that resolved to stop the error message. 🙂 I hope my solve applies to yours or at least someone else looking.

dsimpsontx
Helper I
Helper I

Holy smoke I think I solved the same error message on my dashboard. So I have a column of numeric values, but I vaguely recall that that column had a value that was crazy high. So I specified that it should be int64 and that resolved to stop the error message. 🙂 I hope my solve applies to yours or at least someone else looking.

TiwariNeha
Frequent Visitor

Hi All , Kindly try to do refresh preview and see if it works. For me , it worked. Kindly marked it as solution if it works. Thanks.

Hello all, 

Thank you for your suggestions. This issue was solved after installing the newest Power BI Version.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @imenmaiza ,

Please review the content in the following thread, hope that they can help you resolve the problem.

Power BI key errors: Fix them with these detailed solutions

The given key was not present in the dictionary - Brand Pack for Power BI Server

Besides that, please check that there is any table without any column only include measure just as the situation with the following issue thread.

DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Analysis Services: Error Message

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@imenmaiza , For the power BI report server, You can only use the version that optimized for it. And that is Jan 2021 as of now, which you already have.

Log an issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.