Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abdullah_zafar
Regular Visitor

The given key was not present in the dictionary- PowerBI Updating the Report

Hi,

I'm getting this issue when trying to load/refresh the report, When I clicked the continue the loading wizard starts with an unending state, 

Abdullah_zafar_0-1624862344725.png

I am receiving the dataset from NAV2017, I have tried another dataset from NAV and it works fine, but when I tried with this custom report than I am facing the issue, Would any has an idea how to deal with this, my PowerBI desktop is fully updated, I have gone through some forum but not able to resolve, I have tried to manage the relationship between the table but for this, I need to Refresh the report which leads to the same state. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abdullah_zafar 

Please check whether you could build a new report by same data source. If you can connect to the data source in your new report, you can try to delete permission in Data Source Setting and add the permission again to reconnect to your data source.

Please check your Power BI Desktop verison, and update it to the latest version. 

For reference: Power BI key errors: Fix them with these detailed solutions

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yva2014

I also had this problem. I had a table called "Passport Details", I renamed it OLD_Passport_Details_" then I created a new table with the name "Passport Details". To solve this, I just changed the name of my new table and once it was saved I could rename it as I wished.

dsimpsontx
Helper I
Helper I

Holy smoke I think I solved the same error message on my dashboard. So I have a column of numeric values, but I vaguely recall that that column had a value that was crazy high. So I specified that it should be int64 and that resolved to stop the error message. 🙂 I hope my solved applies to yours or at least someone else looking.

Abdullah_zafar
Regular Visitor

Thank you @v-rzhou-msft,

My PowerBI desktop is already up to date, I have tried a new report by using the dataset and it works fine, Still facing the same issue

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abdullah_zafar 

Please check whether you could build a new report by same data source. If you can connect to the data source in your new report, you can try to delete permission in Data Source Setting and add the permission again to reconnect to your data source.

Please check your Power BI Desktop verison, and update it to the latest version. 

For reference: Power BI key errors: Fix them with these detailed solutions

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.